Standing on the Shoulders of Giants (1945 – 2013)
The phrase “Standing on the Shoulders of Giants” was referenced during Leadership Training in 2012 presented by Braun Electric Company, Incorporated. As it is considered as an application here at Braun in the context of history, legacy, inheritance, www.Wikipedia.com, it yields a historical view of the phrase.
The Wikipedia states, “… the metaphor was first recorded in the twelfth century and attributed to Bernard of Chartres (twelfth-century French philosopher) by John of Salisbury (English author) in 1159 in his writing, Metalogicon; “…on the shoulders of giants, so that we can see more than they, and things at a greater distance, not by virtue of any sharpness of sight on our part, or any physical distinction, but because we are carried high and raised up by their giant size.”
The vision passed along since 1945 includes:
- Braun, founded on the vision of F. W. Braun, Jr.
- His vision sustained and shared with co-laborers
John Braun, son of F. W. Braun took over the company in 1986 and while brothers, Fred and Don, both worked with him, only John (Current Board Member) and Fred (Site Safety Specialist) remain to this day.
- Greater vision, acquired by John Braun from the expertise and experience since 1945
- John Braun’s vision carried forward, sustained and shared with co-laborers
- Vision in a time and materials market context, sustained and shared through the cycles of economic upturns and downturns
- A business Standing on the Shoulders of Giants for more than 65 years.
At Braun, vision with perseverance and creativity is the order of the day, every day. As any good builder will agree, a project is defined, planned, executed, revised and executed per the project demands until completion and review for future improvements to processes and procedures. This is the Legacy of Braun Electric Company, Inc.
- Braun Electrical Contracting, Established in Taft, California in 1945 by F.W. Braun, Jr. (Father of John Braun, Board Member / Owner)
- Sustained and grown through 1986 when John Braun assumed the Office of President
- 1988 A Partnership emerges to include the experience and expertise of Kevin Coghlin, current Board Member / Owner
- Sustained and grown through 2002 when Phil Bradford, Sr. and James Trigueiro current Board Members / Owners join bringing essential experience and expertise to address current marketplace challenges and the vision for successful growth
- 2013, Serving major Oil & Gas Companies in the San Joaquin Valley with Team Members numbering upward of 400